Available with Nicola Johnson
Physiotherapy is the treatment and prevention of injury and disease by natural means. The aim of Physiotherapy is to help to alleviate pain, restore normal movement patterns and help return the body to its natural balanced state without chemical intervention.
Who is it for?
Patients who are suffering with bone, joint, ligament, tendon, muscle or nerve problems, or following injuries, (sports / work / accident related). Nicola’s speciality is musculo-skeletal issues; providing assessment, advice and treatment, plus assistance with coming to terms with and managing long term conditions.
Q What is physiotherapy?
A Physical therapy, also known as physiotherapy, is a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialty that, by using mechanical force and movements, remediates impairments and promotes mobility, function, and quality of life through examination, diagnosis, prognosis, and physical intervention.
In summary, I can provide for you:
- A detailed assessment of your musculoskeletal problem.
- Advice and positive suggestions to help you feel more in control of your symptoms.
- A specific treatment programme developed to your needs, which typically includes self-management strategies, manual treatment techniques, specific exercise programme, advice regarding, for example, working, sleeping, sitting positions.
- An empathetic and caring consideration of your specific problems; unique to you.
- Communication to your GP or Consultant with your consent.
“I had been suffering with shoulder and neck pain progressively as a result of poor posture from long hours at my desk and in the car.
Nicola offered flexibility in treatment times to suit me and showed a real empathy to my work situation and lack of time.
Unlike physiotherapists I had seen in the past, Nicola took time to consult with me and to fully understand through questioning, the root cause
so that she could not only deal with the pain, but give advice on future prevention.
Where this differed mostly was in how thorough the initial consultation was and how she made me feel at ease and always considerate to work at my pace.
Suffice to say, my problem was fixed and I would have no hesitation in recommending Nicola
especially to anyone who may feel slightly uneasy about receiving physiotherapy for the first time”.
Flexible availability but especially:
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 09:00-13:00
First appointment £50 (45 mins)
Subsequently £35 (30 mins)